Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Surprise Surprise!!!

A few months after my promotion last January 2009, I was thinking of resigning and applying to other companies. I already got interviewed at JPM and Factset for the positions of a team lead and analyst respectively. Unfortunately, I was not hired for one reason. They can't give me my asking salary because this amount was only offered for manager and above positions. I just thought that it was not meant for me to transfer to a new job...That God has a better plan for me. So decided that I will stay.

While having a few drinks with my officemates last Friday, one colleague asked me if I was expecting to be promoted this year. I told her that I was not expecting anything. It is impossible because I just got promoted last year,and the trend is that employees are being promoted every after two years.... but of course, I was hoping. I also told them that I would be more happy if Abby, my direct manager, will be promoted to AVP because she really deserves the recognition, even though she also got promoted just last year.

This afternon, our boss, James Hamilton asked Abby to come to his place. She was a little bit nervous because she doesn't know what will they talk about. Before she goes to James' place, I joked her that he will be giving the slips for our bonuses...and she just said "I wish!" After a few minutes, she went back. She told me that we should talk and she will tell me something important. So we went to a conference room.

..........

She started our conversation saying that "I have a good news!!!" To my surprise, she told me that I got promoted to a Manager rank. I was speechlesss at that time and all I can say is THANK YOU. I asked her if she also got promoted, and she told me yes. We congratulated each other for a job well done.

Anyway, these announcements are not only a surprise, but a "SURPRISE SURPRISE". I was surprise but definitely happy that Abby got promoted because it is really hard to move to the AVP rank. The second surprise is my own promotion. Because of these blessings, I decided to go to the church to say a short thank you prayer. I also asked my parents and sisters to accompany me in thanking God for this wonderful surprise.

I just want to say that nothing is impossible to God. We just have to believe and have Faith in Him. He knows what's best for us. Lastly, He will always surprise us with miracles.

1 Comments:

At May 04, 2010 11:10 PM, Blogger clatot said...

kongrachuleyshens! :)) you deserve it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home